Prioritisation of environmental challenges in Ust-Kamenogorsk and Semey
On May 16-17 in Ust-Kamenogorsk and on May 19-20 in Semey, a series of workshops will be held as part of the development of the cities’ Green City Action Plans (GCAP). The purpose of the sessions is to discuss with stakeholders a number of environmental challenges that were identified in the Technical Assessment Report and to prioritize the environmental problems in the two eastern cities of Kazakhstan.
The Workshop programme includes a number of sessions:
Session 1: Natural environment
- Ecology - air pollution (including greenhouse gas emissions), soil pollution, water pollution and the main sources of pollution
- Water supply and sanitation - water supply (production, supply and consumption), wastewater (production, collection and treatment), surface drainage, flooding
- Waste - production, collection and processing
Session 2. Urban environment
- Buildings - construction and condition of buildings, source of heat and electricity, consumption of heat and electricity
- Transport - private transport (e.g. type of transport and parking), public transport (e.g. public transport network, fees)
- Energy - production and consumption of heat, production and consumption of electricity, thermal and electrical infrastructure, payment for heat and electricity
Session 3. Social environment
- Public Space - green areas in the city
- Smart city - Internet and communication networks (infrastructure and cost)
- Economy - type and amount of employment/unemployment
The GCAPs in Ust-Kamenogorsk and Semey will be tailored to the needs of each city, whilst being regionally coordinated.
The development of the two GCAPs is kindly funded by the Federal Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Austria.
For further information on the Ust-Kamenogorsk and Semey GCAPs or if you have any questions, please contact:
WA +7 747 424 88 30